Answers for Weekly Quiz – 23rd April
Now for the answers to the quiz…
- Blathers, Charlotte and Fagin are characters from which Charles Dickens tale?
- David Bowie had a UK number one single with Ashes to Ashes in which year?
- Which ‘ology’ is the study of animals?
- Which textile is made from the fibres of the Flax plant?
- Which planet is the eighth and farthest known planet from the Sun in the Solar System?
- John Bonham played drums for which English rock band?
- Bannock, Chapati and Panettone are types of what?
- In Ancient Greek literature, who wrote the poems Iliad and Odyssey?
- GDPR is the EU’s new privacy law: what does it stand for?
General Data Protection Regulation
- What is the lowest of the standard four voice ranges?
- What is the colour of a polar bear’s skin?
- What is the name for mashed chickpeas or other beans, blended with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic?
- With whom did Elton John collaborate on the UK chart hit ‘Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me’?
- In which city are the Petronas Twin Towers?
- Argentina shares a border with how many other countries? (Extra points if you can name them!)
5 – Chile, Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Uruguay
- What is the stage name of Stuart Leslie Goddard?
- The type of meat most consumed worldwide is what?
- By what more common name is the Yam known in the UK?
- Au is the symbol of which precious metal?
- The Siege of Malta took place in which war?
World War II