HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 17th September 2020
How did you get on with last week’s quiz? There are some tricky ones this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- What is the name for a continuous slide upwards or downwards between two music notes?
- How many chukkers are there in a polo match?
- What is the name of the handy tool that helps a person slide their heel easily along the basin of a shoe to its inner sole?
- How many leaves does a shamrock have?
- What colour is zero on a roulette wheel?
- Gary and Martin Kemp were in what band?
- A Corriedale is a breed of which animal?
- Which city has a higher population of people – Nottingham or Leeds?
- Who won the Premier League in 2017?
- Spheniscidae is the scientific name for which flightless bird?
- What is David Bowie’s real full name? (First, middle and last if you can!)
- Which book won Waterstones ‘Book of The Year” in 2019?
- What does UNESCO stand for?
- What is the name of Dorothy’s dog in the ‘The Wizard of Oz’?
- In what year were the comedy short films, Tom and Jerry, created?
- Who played Father Ted in the beloved Irish sitcom?
- What colours are present on the Italian flag?
- Over which river is the George Washington Bridge?
- On which day is Thanksgiving celebrated in the United States?
- At which castle was Prince Charles invested as the Prince of Wales?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS