HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 14th July
Well, we’ve been doing these quizzes for a few months now! How are you all doing with them? Do you have any you’d like to see in the next quiz? If you have any tricky questions to test the country, send them to us at email@example.com and you might see them in our next edition!
Now on with the quiz…
- What is the name of the deepest and largest volume freshwater lake in the world?
- What is the name of the native Malaysian fruit, very popular in Asia, which is known for being incredibly smelly?
- What is the best-selling album of all time in the UK?
- What is the world’s fastest high-speed train?
- How many rings does the Audi car logo have?
- What’s is Superman’s real, human name?
- When is the term “bagel” used in tennis?
- Where was the first Formula 1 race held?
- What is Athena’s (the Greek Goddess of wisdom, handicraft, and warfare) sacred animal?
- When England won the World Cup in 1966, who was captain of the team?
- If you cut a tree trunk and unveil its core, it will have circles in its stump – what do these circles tell you?
- How many HM Passport Offices are there outside of London?
- What is the name of the founder of popular fast-food restaurant, KFC?
- When is the Queen’s birthday? Extra points for knowing the year Her Majesty was born too!
- What year was the BBC founded?
- What are the only gemstones to come from a living creature?
- What two cities are currently the European Capitals of Culture for 2020?
- What is the height of York Minster (in metres or feet)?
- In what country would you find Machu Picchu?
- What is the national spirit of America?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here