Weekly Quiz – 30th April
We know that times are difficult right now so it’s more important than ever to connect with each other and try to enjoy the moment. If you’ve been searching for fun quizzes and fancy getting your teeth into some general knowledge, look no further.
We’re going to be posting a BIG quiz every Thursday at 12PM on our website!
We want to encourage people to call a friend, family member or someone you’ve not spoken to in a while and try to answer the questions together. If you’re self-isolating and would like a friendly chat or some help with the quiz, our Comfort Specialists welcome your call! Give us a ring for free on 0800 023 4716.
Let the trivia commence!
- Who is the patron saint of Wales
- Atriums and ventricles are parts of which organ of the body?
- Who produced the first commercial steam engine, using a piston to pump water from a mine?
- Which is Europe’s most southernly capital city?
- The film Grease was mostly filmed in which US state?
- Which UK comedy legend’s epitaph reads “I told you I was ill.”
- How many players are on each side in a game of rugby league?
- Edam and Gouda are cheeses from which European country?
- Which letter represents the number 100 in Roman numerals?
- Walford is the setting for which long running TV series?
- In which year did the Romans invade Britain?
- The Earl and Countess of Grantham and their children feature in which British TV drama?
- Which 2013 film saw Leonardo DiCaprio play Jordan Belfort?
- What is the collective name for a group of dolphins?
- The Channel Tunnel between the UK and France was opened in which year?
- In the film ‘The Wizard of Oz’ what is Dorothy’s dog called?
- The Bronte sisters lived in which Yorkshire village?
- Stretching to 220 miles, which is the longest river in the UK?
- A squirrel’s nest is called a what?
- Between which two planets does the asteroid belt lie?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here.
How did you do this week? If you enjoyed it, why not try out out other quizzes?