HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 11th May 2021
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- Who were the original presenters of The Great British Bake Off when it first aired in 2010?
- Who is the longest-serving British Prime Minister?
- Did the bombing of Pearl Harbour happen in the First or Second World War? (Bonus point for the correct year)
- “Because You’re Worth It” is the slogan for which international beauty brand?
- What is apiology the scientific study of?
- Which European city has an international airport named after Leonardo da Vinci?
- Which ocean is the Great Barrier Reef located in?
- ‘Because I could not stop for Death’ is a lyrical poem written by which famous American poet?
- Which American pop band sang the hit 1997 song, ‘MMMBop’?
- A Negroni is an Italian cocktail made with gin, sweet vermouth and which liqueur?
- Which two numbers are used in the binary system?
- What was the name of the ship that took Charles Darwin on his first expedition around the world?
- How many wings does a butterfly have?
- Who directed the 1972 film, ‘The Godfather’?
- Which legendary folk hero is said to live in Sherwood Forest?
- Which vitamin was the first to be discovered and named?
- What species of bird lays the largest eggs?
- Which two countries border Lake Geneva, also known as Lac Léman?
- What is the capital of Malawi?
- What film won Best Picture at the 2021 Academy Awards (also known as the Oscars)?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS