HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 14th January 2021
How did you get on with last week’s quiz? There are some tricky ones this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at email@example.com and you might see them in our next edition!
- Celebrity personality, Karl Pilkington, rose to fame with help from his friend, Ricky Gervais. Finish the title of his first travel documentary series: ‘An BLANK Abroad’.
- What was the first flavoured crisp to be invented, other than plain salted?
- What are you scared of if you have siderodromophobia?
- Who is the author of ‘Alice in Wonderland’?
- What is a hurdy-gurdy?
- What type of pastry is used to make sausage rolls?
- How many players are there on an Olympic curling team?
- Who wrote and released the 1962 soul/R&B song, ‘Bring It On Home to Me’?
- How many points is the pink ball worth in snooker?
- Which animal’s name means ‘horse of the river’?
- How many NBA championships did Michael Jordan win during his basketball career?
- What are the highest-scoring letters in Scrabble?
- What kind of animal is a barramundi?
- For which play did Shakespeare write the line, “If music be the food of love, play on.”?
- Which Surrealist artist painted ‘The Persistence of Memory’ in 1931? Hint – it’s the one with all the melting clocks!
- What do you call a medicine that has no effect?
- How old was Jack Nicholson when he played Garrett Breedlove in ‘Terms of Endearment’?
- The music and film retail chain ‘HMV’, is named after the record label that launched it, which was named after a painting of a dog listening to a gramophone. Do you know what ‘HMV’ stands for?
- From the base to the tip, how tall is the Eiffel Tower in metres?
- What’s the German word for ‘cheese’?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS