HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 21st January 2021
Are you ready for this week’s quiz? We’ve thrown some more tricky ones in this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- In which year did infamous prison, Alcatraz, close?
- What grown food comes in ‘chicken of the woods’, ‘lion’s mane’ and ‘giant puffball’ varieties?
- Apollo 11 famously made the first moon landing on July 20th, 1969, but on which date did the astronauts arrive back on Earth?
- What is the name of the main theme song from the James Bond film, ‘Casino Royale’? (Extra point for who sang it!)
- Edgar Hoover, the first director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), ordered his aides not to step on what?
- What is the collective noun for a group of frogs?
- Name all four train stations in the original game of Monopoly.
- What was the title of Steven King’s first published novel?
- In which year did the British animated television series, ‘Danger Mouse’, first air?
- What was 2019’s most-visited city in the world according to Euromonitor International?
- Janet Jackson is the youngest of how many Jackson siblings born to Katherine and Joe?
- In which century were playing cards invented?
- Which royal family member attended the most engagements in 2019?
- Which painter, inventor and scientist do historians and scholars often refer to as a universal genius?
- Which volcanic eruption caused what is thought to be the loudest sound ever recorded?
- Who was the president during the American Civil War in the 19th century?
- Which country was the filming of ‘I’m A Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here’ moved to in 2020?
- Which country was Mo Farah born in?
- Cher legally changed her name to simply ‘Cher’ in 1978, but what name was she given at birth?
- How many stars are on the national flag of China?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS