HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 21st May!
A warm welcome back to the best weekly quiz around (yes, we know we’re biased).
Testing our general knowledge has become an important part of week; ensuring we’re still keeping those cogs turning and challenging ourselves has been a great source of enjoyment. We’re completing puzzles and jigsaws to aid a healthy mind too! Check out our Facebook Page for regular puzzles and trivia if you’d like to join us.
Are you still getting good scores on our weekly quiz? We’d love to know!
- In which city is the price of gold “fixed” daily?
- Where did the Vikings first attack England?
- How did Marie Antoinette die?
- What is created at sea level at 700 miles per hour and at a temperature of 32 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Who was the last tsar of Russia?
- Which red wine varietal is nicknamed the “King of Grapes”?
- What colour of disco suit did John Travolta originally want for “Saturday Night Fever”?
- On which continent are the Atlas Mountains?
- Which river flows by Windsor Castle?
- The beaver is the national emblem of which country?
- According to legend, what was the name of King Arthur’s magician advisor?
- What is the first name of Pinocchio’s cricket friend in the Disney cartoon movie?
- In Greek mythology, how many graces are there?
- What is the world’s largest inland lake?
- How many track events are there in a decathlon?
- What is the square root of 256?
- Which is the most populous U.S. state?
- Who was the first woman in space?
- India’s national bird is what colourfully plumed creature?
- What is a five- letter word meaning “the superior of a community of monks”?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here