HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 23rd May 2022
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- In which organ of the human body would you find the cornea?
- Which football stadium in the English Premier League has the highest capacity?
- How many players are there in a men’s field lacrosse team?
- Which land mammal has the longest tail?
- What colour is the ‘L’ in the Google logo?
- Which influential British Tudor monarch reigned from 1509 to 1547?
- According to Greek mythology, what was the only spirit that remained inside Pandora’s box?
- What is the international radio code word used for ‘T’ in the NATO phonetic alphabet?
- Which First Lady was the second to be born outside of the United States?
- Which country is often known as the land of the white elephant?
- Which metal is most commonly used to produce musical instruments including the trombone, trumpet and baritone horn?
- What is the large explosion that takes place at the end of a star’s life cycle called?
- Who was the first member of British boy band, Take That, to have a solo UK number one?
- The 14ft marble statue, David, was unveiled in Florence 1504. Who was the sculptor?
- In 1991, Uzbekistan declared its independence from which state?
- Which American singer-songwriter released hit song, ‘Piano Man’, in 1973?
- What colour is the circle on the London Underground logo?
- What tragic event destroyed 13,200 houses and killed 6 people over four days?
- Which actress starred as Sandy Olsson in the 1978 American film-musical, ‘Grease’?
- The world’s first handheld phone was launched in 1973 by which company?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS