HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 31st October 2022
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- What was Doctor Frankenstein’s first name?
- What is the capital city of Senegal?
- ‘Bullace’ and ‘Belle de Louvain’ are varieties of which fruit?
- “For all those times you stood by me, for all the truth you made me see…” are the opening lines to which 1996 hit by Celine Dion?
- On which date in 2016 did the UK hold its EU membership referendum?
- At which stadium do Birmingham City Football Club play?
- What nationality is the satellite navigation and mapping company TomTom?
- How many squares lie uncovered by playing pieces in the beginning of a game of chess?
- In which district of London did Jack the Ripper’s attacks take place?
- ‘Nariyal’ is an Indian term for which food?
- At 234 minutes, what is the longest film to have won an Oscar for best picture?
- In which year was Barack Obama inaugurated as President of the United States of America?
- ‘Bein’ is the German word for which part of the body?
- Which member of the Bee Gees was born first?
- Which was the first novel to be published by Jane Austen and was printed anonymously in 1811, with only ‘A Lady’ listed as author?
- In which country would you find the Great Victoria Desert?
- What business did Harland Sanders found in 1952?
- In which year is Halley’s Comet next predicted to be visible from Earth?
- In the Harry Potter film series, what is the name of the title character’s mother?
- Who was the patron saint of animals?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS