HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 4th May 2021
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at email@example.com and you might see them in our next edition!
- In which US state would you find the Peachoid, a giant water tower that resembles a peach?
- In what year was the original ‘The Blues Brothers’ film with John Belushi and Dan Akroyd released?
- What is the collective noun for geese (when on land or in water)?
- In 2007, Nick Clegg was elected leader of which UK political party?
- In which UK county is theme park and waterpark Alton Towers?
- Is 121 a square number?
- What is ophidiophobia a fear of?
- Who won the men’s race in the UK Olympic Marathon Trials in March 2021?
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter shares her name with which common fruit?
- ‘Walk like an Egyptian’ was a hit song for which group in 1986?
- New Orleans’ basketball team shares its name with which bird?
- Are sharks mammals?
- In what year was Madonna’s album, ‘Like A Virgin’, released?
- Which British actor, writer and comedian is currently the host of The Late Late Show?
- What is a courgette called in the USA?
- Along with Midge Ure, who organised the 1985 charity concert, ‘Live Aid’?
- Who was the lead actress in the hit series, ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’?
- What is the capital of Azerbaijan?
- How many US states does the Mississippi River border or flow through?
- Why was Lewis Carroll’s novel, ‘Alice in Wonderland’, banned in China when it was released in 1865?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS