HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 7th February 2022
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at email@example.com and you might see them in our next edition!
- Where would you find the Olympus Mons volcano?
- What is the name of the Austrian monk who formulated the basic laws of genetics?
- Who painted the cover art for the 1993 Billy Joel album, ‘River of Dreams’?
- What is brandy?
- Which American university did Bill Gates drop out of?
- Amber, a golden-yellow gemstone, forms over millions of years from what?
- Which French leader was defeated at the Battle of Waterloo?
- Which popular brand of soup was introduced in 1897?
- Which British film based on George Bernard Shaw’s earlier play won an Oscar for Best Screenplay in 1938?
- What was Merriam-Webster’s word of the year for 2020?
- What is the name of the cells responsible for forming new bone in the body?
- How many events are there in a heptathlon? Bonus point if you can name all of them!
- What is the word for ‘arrow’ in French?
- In which canal did the container ship, Ever Given, run aground in 2021?
- Shakespeare’s longest play is Hamlet. Which is the shortest?
- Who was the first woman ever inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?
- Which American boxer fought against Muhammad Ali in 1971 and won?
- Which London street is famous for its flower market?
- In which 1976 thriller does Robert De Niro famously say, “You talkin’ to me?”
- Which American newspaper adopted the slogan, “Democracy Dies in Darkness”, in 2017?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS