Recliner Chairs Advice Guide
Recliners offer exceptional comfort and they support your back and legs, helping to relieve aching muscles and stiff joints as well as promoting good circulation. They have also been known to relieve some breathing difficulties.
With soft, sumptuous padding, your new recliner chair gives you comfort whilst you sit and is perfect if you like to have a short afternoon snooze.
How to operate your Manual Recliner
Follow our simple steps to relax and recline in your new manual recliner.
- Closed – The standard sitting position.
To move from the closed position to the relaxed position, firstly ensure that you are sitting as far back as possible. Then release the catch or handle to raise the footrest.
- Relaxed – Footrest extended, back semi-upright.
To reach the fully-reclined position, push gently on the arms and move your back backwards until the action is fully open.
- Fully Reclined – Footrest fully extended, back fully reclined.
To close the recliner, simply lean forward and allow the back to return to the relaxed position and then apply downward pressure on the footrest with your legs, continuing until it reaches the closed position.
Please note that the recline function may be slightly stiff after the chair is first purchased. This will ease over time.
How to operate your Power Recliner
2 button for single action, 4 button for the new Dual Power Recliner action that allows the user to move the back and footrest independently.
Standard 2 button
- The 2 button switch works by pressing and holding the button
- The front button brings the footplate up and then reclines the back
- The back button brings the back rest up and then shuts the foot rest
- To stop the recliner when in the desired position the buttons are released
- To return the chair to the reset position, press and hold the back button until the chair stops moving
Chrome 2 button
- Same functionality as Standard 2 button
- USB socket to charge your mobile device
Standard 4 button
- The 4 button switch works by pressing and holding the buttons
- The front top and bottom buttons control the footplate
- Press the top front button to raise the footplate
- Press the bottom front button to lower the footplate
- The back top and bottom buttons control the back rest
- Press the bottom back button to bring the back rest down
- Press the top back button to bring the back rest up
Chrome 4 button