Answers for HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 28th May!
Now for the answers to the quiz…
- How many millimetres are in an inch?
- What is the top speed (in mph) an elephant can run at (yes, this one is from the Levison Wood show we mentioned!)?
25 mph – but most can only reach 15mph
- Is hot air lighter or heavier than cold air?
- What does BBC stand for?
British Broadcasting Corporation
- What nut is used to make marzipan?
- In which month is St. George’s Day?
- Whose bill for the abolition of the slave trade was passed by the British Parliament in 1807?
William Wilber Force
- Which planet has a pink sky?
- Which of these is furthest west – Bristol, Liverpool or Cheltenham
- What name is given to a baby whale?
- What are stratus and cumulus types of?
- Where are the ‘dreaming spires’?
- In which country is Alice Springs?
- Which English town has football teams called United and Wednesday?
- Name the world’s fourth most populated country.
- “When You Wish Upon a Star” is a song written for which 1940 film?
- What is the Swahili word for ‘journey’?
- How many people are there on an English jury?
- What’s the name of the Royal family’s castle in Scotland?
- What does the word ‘pont’ mean in both French and Welsh?