Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 17th September
Ready for the answers…?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: LINK TO ANSWERS
- What is the name for a continuous slide upwards or downwards between two music notes?
- How many chukkers are there in a polo match?
- What is the name of the handy tool that helps a person slide their heel easily along the basin of a shoe to its inner sole?
- How many leaves does a shamrock have?
- What colour is zero on a roulette wheel?
- Gary and Martin Kemp were in what band?
- A Corriedale is a breed of which animal?
- Which city has a higher population of people – Nottingham or Leeds?
- Who won the Premier League in 2017?
- Spheniscidae is the scientific name for which flightless bird?
- What is David Bowie’s real full name? (First, middle and last if you can!)
David Robert Jones
- Which book won Waterstones ‘Book of The Year” in 2019?
‘The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse’ by Charlie Mackesy
- What does UNESCO stand for?
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation
- What is the name of Dorothy’s dog in the ‘The Wizard of Oz’?
- In what year were the comedy short films, Tom and Jerry, created?
- Who played Father Ted in the beloved Irish sitcom?
- What colours are present on the Italian flag?
Green, white and red
- Over which river is the George Washington Bridge?
The Hudson River
- On which day is Thanksgiving celebrated in the United States?
The fourth (not last) Thursday in November
20. At which castle was Prince Charles invested as the Prince of Wales?