Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 11th April 2022
Ready for the answers?
- A ‘quadrennium’ is a period of how many years?
- The Royal Albert Dock is located in which UK city?
- Armagnac is a brandy originating from which area of France?
- Which word beginning with ‘r’ means ‘my master’ or ‘my teacher’ in Hebrew?
- Williams, Bosc and Comice are varieties of which fruit?
- How many balls are on a pool table at the start of a game?
- As of 2021, former British Prime Minister, Clement Attlee, remains the longest-serving leader of which British political party?
- Which British king preceded Queen Victoria?
King William IV
- What is the largest lake in the UK?
Lough Neagh (Northern Island)
- When it is up to you to make the next move, what object is said to be in your court?
- As of 2021, how many men have walked on the Moon?
- According to popular myth, eating which vegetables helps you see in the dark?
- Which American actress and singer born in 1926 famously said, “If I’m genuinely anything I guess I’m genuinely miserable.”
- All four members of band, The Beatles, were born in which decade?
- Which political figure became the first president of South Africa in May 1994?
- Who served as Prime Minister immediately before Margaret Thatcher?
- How many years would you have been married if you were celebrating your sapphire anniversary?
- What is the first event in the Decathlon?
- Arabica, Robusta and Libercia are types of which bean?
- Gordo was the first type of which animal sent into space in 1958?