Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 13th December 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What is the common name for batteries that contain zinc and manganese dioxide?
- What kind of animal lives in a warren?
- Which iconic U.S. motorbike company is known by the initials ‘HD’?
- An equinox is marked by what notable occurrence?
Equal day and night
- In what year was Neptune discovered?
- What does the Mohs scale measure?
- The London underground station, Bank, is on which line?
- In the Bible, what is the first book of the New Testament?
The Gospel According to St. Matthew
- Who is the current presenter of the TV quiz show, ‘University Challenge?
- What does the ‘A’ stand for in the acronym DNA?
- What is the word for ‘rhino’ in German?
- Name the three colours in the Jamaican flag.
Black, yellow and green
- The Staatsoper concert venue is situated in which Austrian city?
- What is the English equivalent for an item that Americans would call a ‘thumb tack?
- Which famous mountain is located just outside Tokyo?
- What is the traditional Egyptian and Middle Eastern food which is a deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both?
- David Beckham played his last game of professional football in the shirt of which club?
Paris Saint Germain
- The Spanish resort, Benidorm, sits on which sea?
- ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ was the title of the 1970 album from which American musical duo?
Simon & Garfunkel
- Where would you find the glabella in the human body? a) Face b) Stomach c) Bones
- a) Face (between the eyebrows)