Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 17th January 2022
Ready for the answers?
- What primary colour is vermilion most like?
- Which American rock band was Lou Reed in?
The Velvet Underground
- What is philophobia a phobia of?
Falling in love
- In which UK city would you find the River Clyde?
- In what year was famous American artist, Andy Warhol, born?
- Mary Todd was the wife of which U.S. president?
- Where is the highest mountain in Britain, Ben Nevis, located?
- Russian artist, Wassily Kandinsky, is considered the pioneer for which type of art?
- Which African country has the largest population?
- Who became Prime Minister of Britain in 1916?
David Lloyd George
- Who designed the Guggenheim Museum in New York?
Frank Lloyd Wright
- Complete the name of this famous Brazilian statue, ‘Christ the …’?
- Which well-known individual first starred in ‘Eastenders’ before becoming an investigative journalist?
- Which wife gave Henry VIII the male heir that he wanted?
- The Spanish seaside resort, Benidorm, sits on which sea?
- What sport is Bill Belichick known for coaching?
American football (NFL)
- What number comes next in the sequence 1,1,2,3,5?
- Augustus was the first emperor of where?
- In which European city are the headquarters of OPEC (The Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries’?
- The RMS Titanic was operated by which company?
The White Star Line