Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 17th May 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What is the plant, spathiphyllum, more commonly known as?
- In the cartoon’ ‘Tom and Jerry’, who is the mouse?
- What does BPM stand for?
Beats per minute
- In the novel, ‘Little Women’, by Louisa May Alcott, what is the surname of the family it follows?
- Animals that eat both plants and other animals are known as what?
- What is the capital of the US state, Florida?
- Which fellow American singer starred alongside Jennifer Hudson in the hit film, ‘Dream Girls’?
- What is kelvin a unit of measurement for?
- In what year did the Act of Supremacy pass to make King Henry VIII head of the church of England and the state?
- In which American city was TV series, ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’, set?
- What is pop singer Lady Gaga’s real first name?
- What is the word for waterfall in French?
- On the children’s TV show, ‘Sesame Street’, what colour is Big Bird?
- Which Simon & Garfunkel song was used in the 1967 film, ‘The Graduate’?
- On the Apple brand logo, which side of the apple has a bite mark?
- What do clinical oncologists specialise in?
Radiotherapy and chemotherapy to treat and manage patients with cancer
- What does papyrophobia mean?
The extreme, unwarranted and irrational fear of paper
- Which British actress played Professor Sybill Trelawney in the ‘Harry Potter’ films?
- Edward Burgess Hudson founded which British lifestyle magazine in 1897?
- What was the name of Canadian singer-songwriter, Joni Mitchell’s, 1971 album?