Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 21st February 2022
Ready for the answers?
- What countries made up the original Axis powers in World War II?
Germany, Italy, and Japan
- What element is Cs in the periodic table?
- Which country lies on Israel’s northern border?
- What is American singer and actor, Bing Crosby’s, real name?
Harry Lillis Crosby
- What is the Scoville unit a measure of?
Spiciness or ‘heat’ of chili peppers
- What do ‘Noodlers’ catch with their bare hands?
- What is the most commonly used collective noun for rhinos?
- What is the oldest university in the United States? (Bonus point if you can guess the year it was founded!)
Harvard University, 1636
- The ancient Phoenician city of Constantine is located in what modern-day Arab country?
- Which layer of the Earth’s atmosphere makes radio communications possible?
- In Greek mythology, who fell in love with his own reflection and was eventually turned into a flower?
- Where was world-famous singer and songwriter, Celine Dion, born?
- Which American astronomer corrected Einstein’s theory of a static universe?
- In which 1997 film did American actress, Demi Moore, shave her head?
- When did Indira Gandhi’s first term as Prime Minister of India begin?
- Electric, perse and smalt are shades of which primary colour?
- Which biblical figure was the founder of Judaism?
- Which major American airline announced its bankruptcy in January 1991?
Eastern Air Lines
- What patented structure does Apple feature in its stores?
The floating glass staircase
- What is the word for ‘fish’ in Italian?