Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 22nd August 2022
Ready for the answers?
- Which member of the royal family appeared on a live episode of Coronation Street in the year 2000, although his part of the episode was pre-recorded?
- How often does a ‘vicennial’ event occur?
Once every 20 years
- How many sides are there on a 50p coin?
- In which country is ‘Barsac’ wine produced?
- Is the human large intestine or small intestine longer?
- Which UK game show has been hosted by Nicky Campbell, Bradley Walsh and John Leslie?
Wheel of Fortune
- A ‘mandrake’ is a type of what?
- How many different animals are there in the Chinese Zodiac?
- Former British Olympian Victoria Pendleton competed in which sport?
- What song did Spanish pop duo ‘Los del Rio’ have a 1993 hit with in the UK?
Macarena (La Macarena)
- What name is given to a male antelope?
- Who did actor/singer Will Smith marry in 1997?
- What was the name of the boy whose toys came alive in the ‘Toy Story’ films?
- How many months of the year have thirty days?
- What is the capital of Lebanon?
- Was the American President Richard Nixon a Democrat or a Republican?
- How many times has England hosted the FIFA World Cup?
- How many lines are there in a limerick?
- “For all those times you stood by me. For all the trust you made me see…” are the opening lines to which 1996 hit by Celine Dion?
Because You Loved Me
- Which actor appeared in the most ‘Carry On’ films?