Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 23rd August 2021
Ready for the answers?
- Who was the wife of former American President, Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR)?
- On a London Tube map, which line is black?
- In Greek mythology, what is Artemis the goddess of?
The hunt, wild animals, the moon, chastity, childbirth and the wilderness
- What is the state capital of California?
- What is a male swan called?
- Who is the author of the work of scientific literature, ‘On the Origins of the Species’?
- What is the word for ‘table’ in German?
- Out of all the plays written by Shakespeare, only one title contains the name of an animal. Can you name the animal?
Shrew (The Taming of the Shrew)
- Which science-fiction novel did English author, H. G. Wells, publish in 1897?
The War of the Worlds
- In which country is the Bay of Pigs located?
- How old was Lady Diana when she married Prince Charles?
- How many books are there in J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series?
- A tetrahedron is composed of how many triangles?
- What is California’s Napa Valley best known for?
- Julius Caesar was assassinated on 15 March 44 BC, a date now often known by what term?
The Ides of March
- What is the frothy foam on top of a freshly poured beer called?
Head (or collar)
- How many months are there in twelve years?
- Which word comes after Swindon, Ipswich and Huddersfield in the names of three English football clubs?
- What does an albatross mean in golf?
Scoring three under par on a hole
- What two ingredients make a Black Velvet cocktail?
Champagne and stout or Guinness