Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 24th January 2022
Ready for the answers?
- What does ‘RHS’ stand for?
Royal Horticultural Society
- On which continent is Mt. Vesuvius located?
- Who was the frontman for the British new wave band, ‘Culture Club’?
- Which African country was formerly known as Abyssinia?
- What is the capital of Guam?
- What is the first element on the periodic table?
- In which year did the Republic of South Sudan gain its independence?
- Which part of the human body experiences different growth rates called anagen, catagen, and telogen?
- How many horns does the average African black rhino have?
- What are the names of the Mancunian brothers who were in the English rock band, ‘Oasis’?
Liam and Noel Gallagher
- What was the first James Bond novel?
- Who won the first season of the TV series, American Idol?
- Which country was the first to grant national voting rights to women in 1893?
- Snowball and Napoleon are pigs who appear in which George Orwell novel?
- What year did Abraham Lincoln deliver the Gettysburg Address?
- Alcatraz Island is located off the coast of which American city?
- ‘Canebrake’, ‘timber’ and ‘pygmy’ are types of what animal?
Snake (rattlesnake species)
- Who was the head of state in Japan during the Second World War?
- What number is found in reference to ‘varieties’ on Heinz products?
- Who plays Phil Mitchell in EastEnders?