Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 24th March 2021
Ready for the answers?
- In what year was M&S founded?
1884 – in Leeds!
- Which Roman god is The Statue of Liberty in New York based on?
- Finish the well-known expression, “we’re not trying to reinvent the ______.”
- In which British city would you find the historic monument Stonehenge?
Salisbury in Wiltshire
- Who wrote the song, ‘Landslide’, released in 1975?
- What is scolionophobia or didaskaleinophobia?
The fear of school or going to school
- Which 2013 film focuses on the adaptation of the ‘Mary Poppins’ children’s books for cinema?
‘Saving Mr Banks’
- What alcohol is traditionally put in tiramisu?
- How many women have walked on the moon?
None! However, 65 women have flown in space
- Which character was the first landlady of the Rovers Return pub in Coronation Street?
- Who wrote the 1996 historical fictional novel, ‘Alias Grace’?
- What date is St. Patrick’s Day each year?
- What are the two main colours on the Austrian flag?
Red and white
- In what year did Richard Nixon become the 37th President of the United States of America? A) 1969 B) 1968 C) 1970
- Who plays the character of Legolas in the film adaption of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ by J. R. R. Tolkien?
- When was the first human heart transplant performed?
- What is the most common type of star found in the Milky Way?
- Where was professional footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo, born?
- Who supposedly invented the sandwich?
John Montagu, the Earl of Sandwich
- What kind of dental specialist generally performs root canals?