Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 24th October 2022
Ready to check against the answers? Here they are!
- On which island would you find Beaumaris Castle?
- What is melophobia a fear or hatred of?
- In which Disney film does the villain ‘Jafar’ appear?
- From which country does Carlsberg beer originate?
- In boxing what number does the referee count to, to signify a knockout?
- What type of triangle has all three sides the same length?
- Which of these U.S Presidents was born first: John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon or Ronald Reagan?
- What type of rock are curling stones made from?
- How many times has England hosted the FIFA World Cup?
- “Back to the future day” is celebrated by fans of the film series on which date in October?
October 21st (The date Marty McFly visited ‘the future’ in the second film)
- What relation was Prince Philip (Duke of Edinburgh) to Princess Charlotte of Wales?
- What does the medical condition HIV stand for?
Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Which author is attributed with the quote “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars”?
- Which word, beginning with the letter ‘P’, is the term for a society ruled by the wealthiest citizens?
- Who did actor Will Smith marry in 1997?
Jada Pinkett (Jada Pinkett Smith)
- The Republic of Seychelles consists of how many islands?
- What name is given to a male antelope?
- Which hit song in the Sixties started with the words, “I may not always love you, but long as there are stars above you…?
God only knows – Beach boys
- How many dots are there on five dice?
- In the children’s television show ‘Sesame Street’, what is the name of the green monster who lives in the dustbin?
Oscar the Grouch