Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 25th August
Ready for the answers…?
- The popular pie company, Holland’s, was founded and still produces pies in which UK ceremonial county?
- What is the Queen’s full name (clue: four names)?
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor
- ‘Hiver’ means ‘winter’ in what language?
- What colour are the seats in the House of Commons?
- Columbidae is a bird family consisting of which two well-known bird breeds?
Doves and pigeons
- How many planes usually represent the RAF Red Arrows?
- How many legs does a lobster have?
Ten, or five pairs
- Which Brontë sister wrote Wuthering Heights?
- What does the acronym ‘spf’ stand for (the cream used to shield us from the sun)?
Sun protection factor
- What breed of dog does Queen Elizabeth love?
- In the film, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, which actress sings the song Fernando?
- In the game of Monopoly, one piece used to go around the board is a dog, what breed is this dog?
- What time period was the Victorian era?
1837 – 1901 (we’ll take the 18th century too)
- Who played the main character in the Bridget Jones films?
- In what year did the Titanic sink?
- Out of a rhombus and a hexagon, which shape has the most sides?
- In what sport would you use a shuttlecock?
- In what year was Google founded?
- Who played Johnny Castle in the 1987 film, Dirty Dancing?
- When will the next leap day be?
29 February 2024