Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 25th April 2022
Ready for the answers?
- What year did World War II end?
- By area, which is the largest continent on the planet?
- Which politician served as the Mayor of London between 2008 and 2016?
- Blathers, Charlotte, and Fagin are characters from which popular Charles Dickens tale?
- Autophobia is a fear of what?
- ‘Sunflowers’ and ‘The Potato Eaters’ are works by which Dutch painter?
Vincent van Gogh
- What planet is named after the goddess of love and beauty?
- Cyprus is an island located in which sea?
- What American actor is known as ‘The Fonz’?
- What planet has the shortest day, at only 10 hours?
- Montgomery is the capital city of which U.S. state?
- The Anne Frank House Museum which opened in 1960 is located in which city?
- Which dinosaur, when translated from Latin, means ‘swift robber’?
- Which country hosted the 2016 Summer Olympics?
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
- What did the United States adopt as its national anthem in 1931?
The Star-Spangled Banner
- What is a yam more commonly known as in the UK?
- Which New York museum is known by the initials MOMA?
Museum of Modern Art
- Florence Nightingale featured on which British banknote?
- Tom Hanks plays 12-year-old John Baskin in which 1988 film?
- What did the Wright Brothers invent in 1903?