Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 25th October 2021
Ready for the answers?
- In which U.S. state is the city, Nashville?
- Which American author created the fictional character, Dr. Hannibal Lecter?
- What is the currency of Sweden?
- Which tennis Grand Slam tournament is played on a clay surface?
The French Open (Roland-Garros)
- In which European country would you find the Rijksmuseum?
The Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- What is the largest pyramid in the world?
Quetzalcóatl Pyramid (Cholula de Rivadavia), Mexico
- What does the Latin word ‘tempus’ mean in English?
- In a game of polo, how long does a chukker (period of play) last?
- What is the real name of American rapper, P.Diddy?
- Which metal has the chemical symbol ‘W’?
Tungsten (or wolfram)
- What was the name of the tower block where Del Boy and Rodney Trotter lived in ‘Only Fools and Horses’?
Nelson Mandela House
- Name the first actor to play Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films.
- Which soft drink is commonly associated with Scotland?
- What language is spoken in Brazil?
- Which animal is depicted on luxury car manufacturer, Lamborghini’s, logo?
- What is the capital of Qatar?
- What type of instrument is a celesta?
- Who plays the comedy character, Alan Partridge?
- What modern-day country is the Lighthouse of Alexandria (also known as Pharos of Alexandria) located in?
- In pool, what colour is the 5-ball?