Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 28th January 2021
Ready for the answers?
- Who played Alan Turing in the 2014 film, ‘The Imitation Game’?
- When magnesium is burnt, what colour is the flame?
- How many players are present in total on a field hockey pitch?
22; there are 11 players on each team
- In what part of the body would you find rods and cones?
In the eye – these are the two types of photoreceptors involved in sight!
- What is a group of flamingos called?
A flamboyance – suitably fabulous!
- Who first charted 282 mountains over 3000ft in Scotland?
Sir Hugh Munro
- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec is an historical figure who lived in the 19th century, but what was his occupation?
- What’s the closest prime number to 100?
- Which cricketer has scored the most runs for England?
- Who was the final leader of the Soviet Union before its collapse in 1991?
- What is the national drink of Japan?
Sake – that’s rice wine!
- What was the nationality of ‘Dracula’ author, Bram Stoker?
- What is the most abundant protein in the human body?
- What is the currency of Vietnam?
- Who is the only British Prime Minister to have ever been assassinated?
- Who wrote ‘Snow White’?
Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm, aka The Brothers Grimm!
- Who plays Tommy Shelby in ‘Peaky Blinders’?
- Who was Queen Victoria’s husband?
- What is the only bird that can fly backwards?
- What was the name of Bryan Cranston’s character in the hit US series, ‘Breaking Bad’?