Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 29th March 2021
Ready for the answers?
- What kind of dog breed is Lassie from the 1940s novel ‘Lassie Come-Home’?
A (rough) collie
- In a rugby union match, how many players from each team are in a scrum?
- What does the acronym ‘DOMS’ stand for?
Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
- In which US state would you find Yosemite National Park?
- What does an endocrinologist specialise in?
Hormone-related diseases (metabolism and glands too)
- Which American president delivered the Gettysburg Address in 1863?
President Abraham Lincoln
- What is the main ingredient used to make glass?
Sand (which mainly contains silicon dioxide aka silica)
- What is the subtitle of J. R. R. Tolkien’s fantasy novel, ‘The Hobbit’?
‘or There and Back Again’
- In which city was actress Helen Mirren born?
- What sea borders Tunisia?
- In the Disney film, ‘The Lion King’, what does ‘Hakuna Matata’ mean?
- American baseball team, the Red Sox, are based in which US city?
- Who is Scooby-Doo’s nephew?
- What do bees collect from flowers?
- Which country is Leo Tolstoy’s novel, ‘War and Peace’, set in?
- What is the name of the only city in Cornwall?
- What is the birthstone for the month of October?
Opal or Tourmaline
- What automotive group developed the Bugatti Veyron?
- What is the capital of Nepal?
- What is the main ingredient in dal curry?