Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 6th December 2021
Ready for the answers?
- Which Canadian province is the setting for Lucy Maud Montgomery’s novel, ‘Anne of Green Gables’?
Prince Edward Island
- Which popular tea blend is named after a British Prime Minister?
- How many hours is the American Le Mans endurance motor race?
- What is melissophobia a fear of?
Bees (and bee stings)
- What musical follows the rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks in New York City?
West Side Story
- What bird has the scientific name, ‘Struthio camelus’?
- Which element has the chemical symbol, ‘Ni’?
- What is the capital city of Bavaria state?
- What gas is exhaled by humans when we breathe out?
- How long did Queen Victoria reign for?
63 years (and seven months)
- What is the name of the legendary video game designer who created the Mario franchise?
- Which country is the Mekong Delta located in?
- Which planet is named after the Roman god who was the son of Juno and Jupiter?
- Which Italian artist famously painted the Sistine Chapel ceiling?
- In bowling, what is the term given for three consecutive strikes?
- Which character does Emma Watson play in the ‘Harry Potter’ films?
- Which country is the origin of the Mojito cocktail?
- What shape is a stop sign in the UK?
- By what name is the musician, Charles Hardin, better known as?
- Who invented ‘cat’s eyes’ (also known as reflective road studs) in 1934 to improve road safety?