Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 7th June 2021
Ready for the answers?
- Supermodel, Naomi Campbell, recently gave birth to her first child. Was it a boy or a girl?
- In which U.S. state is Niagara Falls located?
- Which country won the Eurovision Song Contest 2021?
- What is the northernmost point of mainland Great Britain?
Dunnet Head or John o’Groats Village
- Where did French fries originate from?
- What was the French Army officer, Pierre-François Bouchard, most famous for discovering in 1799?
The Rosetta Stone
- What was the first food to be eaten in space in 1962?
- Which English football team won the 2021 UEFA Champions League?
- What is Mickey Mouse’s dog called?
- What character did Bette Davis play in the hit 1950 film, ‘All About Eve’?
- In netball, the position, ‘GS’, stands for what?
- In which game do you have to collect as many marbles as possible with hippos?
Hungry Hungry Hippos
- Where was the social media network, Facebook, founded in 2004?
- What is a female horse called?
- February is named after the Latin word for what?
To cleanse or purify
- What kind of pasta is shaped like a corkscrew?
- What is the traditional birthstone for July?
- Who directed the popular 2012 movie, ‘Django Unchained’?
- What year did the Portuguese explorer, Ferdinand Magellan, set off to circumnavigate the globe?
- What are baby otters called?