Answers to HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 7th March 2022
Ready for the answers?
- Concord is the capital city of which U.S. state?
- What was the name of the Ancient Greek king, Alexander the Great’s, famous horse?
- What is the more commonly used term for the condition amblyopia?
- Who was the main actor in the 2001 biographical movie, ‘A Beautiful Mind’?
- Which car manufacturer produced the Focus, Mondeo and Fiesta models?
- The Cairngorms is the largest National Park in Britain. True or false?
- Oranges are a hybrid of which two fruits?
Pomelo and mandarin
- By area, which is the largest county in England?
- ‘The Ballad of John and Yoko’ was the final UK number one single for which band?
- Which South American country gained independence from Spain in 1821?
- Known for her debut role in the film, ‘Educating Rita’, which English actress was made a Dame in 2017?
- The Portuguese dish, Caldo Verde, is predominantly which colour?
- The armadillo is native to which continent?
The Americas (North and South)
- What does a nephologist study?
- Which English author created the fictional character, Miss Marple?
- What was the original name of the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York?
- What name is given to people who make arrows?
- Now housed in the Tate Britain, who painted, ‘Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose’?
John Singer Sargent
- Assam, Darjeeling and oolong are all types of what?
- Khartoum is the capital of which African country?