High Seat Limited of Units 1-3 Grange Road Industrial Estate, Grange Road, Batley, West Yorkshire, WF17 6LN together with all companies in our group (collectively “HSL”, “We”, “Us”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We therefore take our responsibilities as a Data Controller seriously and aim to manage data in a respectful way, mindful of the wishes of our contacts, and in line with the laws and spirit of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU)2016/679) (“GDPR”).
HSL is a company registered within the UK. We will always try to ensure that your personal data is processed within the European Economic Area, although in some circumstances this may not be possible. In circumstances where it is necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we will only do so to third parties where we have contractual provisions in place to ensure your personal data is protected using similar standards and safeguards to our own.
What personal data do we hold and process?
HSL may hold some or all of the following information about you
- Your name
- Your contact details, including address, telephone number(s) and email address
- The contact details of any other individual you have told us can speak on your behalf
- Your gender and age bracket
- Certain medical conditions you have informed us about which are relevant to your purchase, including whether you qualify for VAT exemption because of them
- Enquiries you have made about products and your product preferences
- Information relating to how you heard about us
- Orders you have placed
- Where you have placed an order, certain details about your payment method and your customer account balance with us
- The communication you have had with us
- Your preferences for on-going communication
If you use our website, we may collect information such as your location and search preferences. We also use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site to help us to improve the user experience. The data collected is generic, non-identifiable marketing data that does not include personal data linked to individuals, and we cannot identify you as an individual from it. We also only store data for 26 months after which point it is permanently deleted.
We do not knowingly hold any information relating to children, and interested parties under the age of sixteen should not share their personal information with us.
How do we use your data?
We may use your data
- To provide goods and services to you
- To manage any financial transactions between us
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- For marketing purposes and to help us better understand your needs
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
What is the Lawful Basis under which we hold your data?
The GDPR legislation requires us to state under which Lawful Basis we hold personal information
The normal legal basis for HSL processing personal information is because there is a Legitimate Interest to do so. This may be in your interest, where we need to provide you valuable information about our products or services, or may be in our interest, to allow us to carry out the sale and supply of goods and services to our customers.
These Legitimate Interests may include:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Understanding general trends in our customers’ preferences, and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Protecting HSL, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to HSL
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against HSL
We also need to hold certain information, such as financial transactional information, as a result of a Legal Obligation to comply with the legal, taxation and accounting regulations which govern our activities.
We would like to keep in contact with our customers and supply on-going communication such as a newsletter or marketing information, however we will only do this when we have your specific permission to do so. This is known as Consent, and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
How long do we hold your data for?
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data.
After this period we will erase your personal information, or archive it so it is beyond use.
Who do we share personal data with?
HSL provides a carefully selected, number of trusted third parties with personal data where necessary to allow our business to carry out its activities. These may include
- Other individuals or third party companies where we have your permission to do so
- Carrier organisations who may deliver or collect your goods on our behalf
- Third party companies who supply products or other services on our behalf
- Financial organisations who process payments on our behalf
We do not sell your information to anyone.
What rights do you have with respect to your personal information?
Under the GDPR legislation, you have the following rights:
- Right of access to all the data we hold about you
- Right to correct any information we may hold about you that you believe to be inaccurate
- Right to be forgotten, whereby we will remove all information we hold about you
- Right to lodge a complaint if you believe your rights are being violated
Also, where consent to be contacted for marketing activities has been granted for one or more means of communication, you have the right to withdraw this consent for any one or more of the forms of communication.
These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights you have with regard to your personal information that HSL hold about you, then please write to:
High Seat Limited
Units 1-3 Grange Road Industrial Estate
Telephone our Customer Services Team on 01924 507050
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After 25th May 2018 you do not have to pay us a fee for this unless we believe your access request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In this case we may charge you a reasonable fee or may decide not to comply with your request. We will notify you if this is the case.
In order to comply with a request to exercise one of your rights, we will require you to provide appropriate evidence of your identity. Typically this evidence will be a photocopy of your passport or photo driving licence which an independent professional, for example a solicitor, accountant or bank has certified as being a true copy of the original, along with a recent utility bill confirming your current address.