HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 11th August
How did you get on with last week’s quiz? There are some tricky ones this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- In what year did ABBA win the Eurovision Song Contest?
- Allium schoenoprasum is the scientific name of which plant? Clue: you can grow these yourself and use them in salads etc.
- In which UK city did the first ever Boots store open?
- What is the length of the River Thames (in kilometres)?
- How many tube lines does the London Underground have?
- A Monarchical Sculled Flows – Try to rearrange this anagram to find out which royal family member it is (format: first name, royal title)
- Who is the presenter of the popular game show, Tipping Point?
- What is the name of the wine region that Shiraz (also known as Syrah) originates from?
- Where are the White Cliffs of Dover?
- What is the name of the hit single Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan sang together?
- How old is Celine Dion?
- Out of green and black olives, which ones are ripened before being harvested?
- What is the national animal of Scotland?
- Who was the first monarch to use Buckingham Palace as their official residence?
- Which three mountains are recognised as Britain’s National Three Peaks? People usually aim to walk all three in under 24 hours.
- Used within its slogan and marketing campaigns, when did Tiffany & Co. begin crafting fine jewellery?
- How many permanent teeth does a dog have?
- What actor plays Mr. Bean?
- Olympian Michael Phelps is best known for competing in which type of sport?
- What does HP stand for in HP sauce?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS