HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 29th September 2020
How did you get on with last week’s quiz? There are some tricky ones this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- Who was the first lady to fly across the Atlantic?
- Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond series, also wrote which popular children’s book? (Clue, it was first published in three parts).
- What was Mr Darcy’s first name in the 1813 novel, ‘Pride and Prejudice’?
- What month of the year does Trooping the Colour take place?
- Which Princess has just announced (September 2020) that they’re expecting a child?
- Where does the Royal Family spend Christmas?
- Who was the first president to live in the Whitehouse?
- What’s the biggest diamond in the world called?
- Which book opens with the line, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”?
- Who won The Great British Bake Off in 2019?
- Which astronaut hit a golf ball on the moon?
- Where on the human body would you find the papillae?
- What are three main ingredients in a Caprese salad?
- Which frozen gas forms dry ice?
- What dish was the iconic Deirdre Barlow (from Coronation Street) most famous for?
- Which body is the UK’s largest farm owner, with more than 1,500 tenant farmers?
- What was the highest grossing film of the 90s?
- Who painted the Sistine Chapel?
- Triskaidekaphobia, is a fear of what?
- What does MOT (the vehicle test) stand for?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS