HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 25th December 2020
How did you get on with last week’s quiz? There are some tricky ones this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- In the English Christmas carol, ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’, what did “my true love” gift on the 10th day?
- Name all eight of Santa’s original reindeer.
- In the 17th century, which famous figure allegedly made mince pies illegal in England?
- Which American actor played the Grinch in the 2000 film, ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’?
- What popular Christmas carol has the lyric “on a cold winter’s night that was so deep”?
- Which British monarch delivered the first royal Christmas Day message to the nation?
- What spice is most often used in the festive drink eggnog?
- Can you name the four ghosts featured in Charles Dicken’s beloved book, ‘A Christmas Carol’?
- ‘White Christmas’ is a classic Christmas song written by Irving Berlin, but who first sang the original on Christmas Day in 1941?
- How do you say ‘Merry Christmas’ in French?
- What is the animated carrot called in Aldi’s Christmas adverts?
- What is traditionally hidden inside a Christmas pudding and believed to bring good fortune?
- In popular Christmas film ‘Home Alone’, what is the name of the lead character played by actor Macaulay Culkin?
- What is the name of the Jewish festival celebrated around Christmas time?
- Where can you find the festively named Australian island, Christmas Island?
- In what year did Coca-Cola Christmas trucks first appear in the brand’s Christmas advert?
- In ‘The Christmas Song’ (1961) by Nat King Cole, what is “nipping at your nose”?
- What is Glühwein commonly known as?
- Where did Mary and Joseph live before the birth of Jesus Christ?
- What fruit is traditionally found in the bottom of Christmas stockings?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS