HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 10th January 2022
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- In which U.S. state is the city, Nashville?
- What was the original name for a Snickers bar before it changed in 1990?
- In which year did Tony Blair become British Prime Minister?
- How many notes are there typically in a Western musical scale?
- Gouda is a popular cheese originating from which country?
- Which is longer, a nautical mile or a mile?
- “Call me Ishmael” is the opening line of which classic novel?
- In the TV show, ‘The Simpsons’, who is Bart Simpson’s favourite fictional cartoon duo?
- Which English author wrote the fantasy trilogy, ‘His Dark Materials’?
- What language is spoken in Norway?
- What was the name of Ronnie Barker’s character in Open All Hours?
- What is the name of the fictional borough of Melbourne where the Australian soap, ‘Neighbours’, is set?
- What is the currency of Vietnam?
- What is the 17th letter in the alphabet?
- Pret a Manger is a popular sandwich chain in the UK, but what does the French name mean in English?
- What is the only number that has the same number of letters as its meaning?
- How many permanent members are there on the UN security council?
- How many different combinations does a Rubik’s Cube have?
- Which Shakespearean play features the characters of Goneril, Regan and Cordelia?
- Celeste is a shade of which primary colour?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS