HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 13th September 2021
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at email@example.com and you might see them in our next edition!
- How many Grand Slam (singles) titles has British tennis player, Andy Murray, won?
- What are human fingernails made of?
- Who was the original voice of Mickey Mouse?
- What is the largest constellation in the sky?
- In what year was insulin discovered?
- Who is the narrator in Markus Zusak’s historical novel, ‘The Book Thief’?
- Who released an album called ‘Don’t Shoot Me I’m Only the Piano Player’ in 1973?
- What is the capital of Cambodia?
- In what year was George Orwell’s novella, ‘Animal Farm’, published?
- How many playing pieces does each player begin with in Backgammon?
- What is the traditional birthstone for the month of September?
- Who was the first British cyclist to win the Tour de France?
- When you burn potassium, what colour is the flame?
- ‘Coq au vin’ is a dish traditionally made with which type of meat?
- What is the collective noun for camels?
- What is the largest lake in Alaska?
- Who was the first director of the FBI?
- In Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s ‘Sherlock Holmes’ novels, who was Sherlock’s friend and associate?
- Bristol, Rockingham, Chelsea and Minton are types of what?
- What mythical creature is St. George said to have slain?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS