HSL’s Weekly Quiz! 14th May
You know what time it is, it’s quiz time!
Rumour has it that some of you are getting great scores on our weekly quiz, so we’ve upped our game. Below are twenty questions that will hopefully really put you to the test – oh, and obviously we want you to enjoy it too!
For us here at HSL, we’re still enjoying the lovely sunshine and jumping on the bandwagon with all the fun lockdown activities – baking banana bread, completing puzzles (nature and wildlife ones are our favourites!), and video calling loved ones.
We’ve enjoyed doing these things so much that we’ve made a promise to ourselves to continue doing them when we’re back to normality – because if they bring a smile to our faces, why not?!
With this in mind, we’re going to continue hosting our weekly quizzes for you all – it’s been really lovely to be able to share this with you at home, and fun for the entire team at HSL. We hope you’ll continue to join us weekly and keep putting your noggins to the test!
As ever, if you would like a friendly chat about your favourite TV series, radio show, or anything else at all, our Comfort Specialists welcome your call!
- In which year were TV licences introduced in the UK?
- Arctic King, Saladin and Tom Thumb are which types of vegetable?
- What is the largest flatfish species?
- Who became Germany’s first female chancellor?
- St Mawes and Pendennis Castles in Cornwall were built by which English monarch to defend the coast against a French invasion?
- What word is a kind of rope, a message, and a type of knitting stitch?
- Gymnophobia is the irrational fear of which natural state in humans?
- Who is the author of the Da Vinci Code?
- What song are these lyrics from? ‘You’ve been running all over town, ooh, I guess you gotta put your flat feet on the ground’
- If a creature is ‘opodous’, what has it not got?
- How many players are there in a netball team?
- Which retail chain does Truman Capote’s cult classic novella suggest you can breakfast at?
- In which cop series did Phil Collins appear as Phil the Shill?
- How many carats is pure gold?
- What is an equilibrist?
- Eugene the Jeep featured in which comic strip?
- Who sang the theme tune to the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies?
- In which country would you find the Southern Alps?
- What is the first sign of the Zodiac?
- What is the capital of Finland?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: SEE THE ANSWERS