HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 16th May 2022
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- The Arabic word for ‘season’ gave us what name for South Asia’s rainy season?
- What two elements make water?
- In the military, what does the abbreviation G.I. stand for?
- Which direction does the sun rise from each morning?
- What is a group of bears called?
- In which organ of the human body would you find the hippocampus?
- Which country has the most airports in the world?
- In the 1982 science fiction film, E.T., which character finds E.T.?
- In the musical fantasy, The Wizard of Oz, what weather phenomenon swept Dorothy Gale to the land of Oz?
- A tandoor is a type of what?
- The Turing Award is an award given in what field?
- Who played the title role in the 2013 film adaptation, ‘The Great Gatsby’?
- Where was ballet invented?
- What is the U.S. state capital of Washington?
- The world’s first successful vaccine was developed to treat which disease?
- Which American musician had a hit song called, ‘You Can Call Me Al’?
- “You had me at hello” is a famous movie line from which 1996 Tom Cruise film?
- What is the capital of Portugal?
- The thriller, ‘The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde’, is set in which English city?
- The character, Pennywise the Dancing Clown, appears in which Stephen King novel?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS