HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 18th March 2021
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- Name the two English counties that the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, The Forest of Bowland, sits on.
- What is a baby swan called?
- How many pints of blood are there in the adult human body? A) 6 – 8 pints B) 9 – 12 pints C) 12 – 15 pints
- Only four copies remain of the original 1215 Magna Carta, one of the most famous historical documents in the world. One is kept at Lincoln Cathedral, one at Salisbury Cathedral and two at which third location?
- What is The Beatles member, Ringo Starr’s, real name?
- Which landlocked African country is sandwiched between Niger, Libya, Sudan, Cameroon, Nigeria and the Central African Republic?
- In what year was the American rock band Bon Jovi’s third album, ‘Slippery When Wet’, released?
- What language do people predominantly speak in Chile?
- In which film does actor Jack Nicholson say the famous line, “here’s Johnny!”?
- Who wrote the dramatic 16th century English play, ‘Doctor Faustus’?
- What orbits the nucleus of an atom?
- What is the capital of Estonia?
- What scale is most commonly used for measuring earthquakes?
- Who voiced the fictional character Donkey in the Disney film, ‘Shrek’?
- What does ‘SWAT’ stand for?
- What is the more common name for Helianthus annuus?
- Can you name the world’s largest type of spider?
- In which city would you find the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain?
- Which English novelist was more commonly known by their pen name, George Eliot?
- Which English rock band’s third studio album was called ‘OK Computer’?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS