HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 28th July
How did you get on with last week’s quiz? There are some tricky ones this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- The play, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, is based upon a story in the first book of the Bible – what’s the name of that book?
- How many independent countries are there in Africa?
- To what age did Benjamin Franklin live?
- How many British Academy Television Awards does Julie Walters have?
- Who plays David Platt in Coronation Street?
- Can you name one animal which goes through the biological process, metamorphosis?
- What does the word “love” translate to in Italian?
- What is the name of the man that Princess Beatrice has just married?
- Which two letters represent silver on the periodic table?
- In Les Misérables, what is Cosette’s mother called?
- What is the square root of 625?
- In what year did Madonna release, “Like a Prayer”?
- Which monarch was known as the “Merry Monarch”?
- What is the capital city of Russia?
- What is the main herb in pesto?
- What is the famous phrase said to be used by Queen Victoria, but isn’t actually a phrase she used?
- Which has the bigger population: Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland?
- At what age does a Jewish boy have his Bar Mitzvah?
- What is the birthstone for November?
- How far is the sun from earth (in kilometres)?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS