HSL’s Weekly Quiz – 3rd June
It’s quiz time again!
Other than giving these quizzes our all, we’ve been trying to learn something new each week and share it between us as a group at HSL. It doesn’t have to be big, it can be as small (but mighty challenging all the same) as learning to count to ten in German. It’s nice to hear what everyone else is learning and interested in; why not try it and let us know what you’ve learnt next week?
Not that we’re trying to give you more homework – this quiz is quite enough of a challenge we think!
So, let’s get quizzical.
- ‘Suncrisp’, ‘Golden Russet’ and ‘Braeburn’ are all varieties of which fruit?
- Who succeeded Henry II as King of England?
- ‘Bright Eyes’ by Art Garfunkel was used in the soundtrack to which 1978 animated film?
- According to the idiom, what do ‘birds of a feather’ do?
- Lemurs are native to which island?
- Which European country has the longest coastline?
- What is six-fourteenths of 112?
- What instrument can be bass, electric or Spanish?
- Which animal’s name comes first in the dictionary?
- Who is Reg Dwight better known as?
- What is a female deer called?
- Which is the largest land carnivore in Britain?
- Who was known as the Lady with the Lamp?
- In Shakespeare’s “Othello”, who is the female lead?
- What currency is used in China?
- What is the main ingredient used to make a brick?
- What year did Mark Zuckerberg invent Facebook?
- Which instrument usually has 47 strings?
- What was invented by Lewis Waterman in the 1880s?
- Which US President was nicknamed “The Comeback Kid”?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here