HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 8th April 2021
Are you ready to test your knowledge in this week’s quiz? If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at email@example.com and you might see them in our next edition!
- In what year did Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, get married?
- In which US state was the American President, John F. Kennedy (JFK), born in?
- What does a barometer measure?
- Which French army officer and statesman is the Roissy Airport in Paris also named after?
- Which rock band released an album in 1991 with a cover image showing a baby swimming underwater?
- In English literature, what does the term ‘anthropomorphism’ mean?
- Who wrote the novel, ‘The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn’?
- How many prime numbers are there under 10? (Bonus point if you can name them all!)
- Which two seas does the Suez Canal link?
- In the book, ‘The Metamorphosis’ by Franz Kafka, what does protagonist Gregory Samsa wake up as one morning?
- What was English artist David Hockney’s famous 1966 painting called?
- What animal is depicted on the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) logo?
- How many pieces are there in total in a game of chess?
- In which city would you find the Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of the Winds?
- What team does professional footballer Harry Kane currently play for?
- Are Jaffa Cakes legally considered a cake or a biscuit?
- What unit is power measured in?
- What is the real first name of actor Sir Sean Connery?
- Which American actor plays Iron Man in The Avengers films?
- What causes the holes in crumpets?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS