HSL’s Weekly Quiz- 8th January 2021
How did you get on with last week’s quiz? There are some tricky ones this week. If you have any questions you’d like to see featured, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see them in our next edition!
- What was Victoria Beckham’s maiden name?
- What year was the original animated Disney film, ‘Dumbo’, released?
- Iodine and Fluorine are two members of which group in the periodic table?
- In the popular children’s novel, ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’, what is the name of the lion?
- Which member of the British royal family is former rugby player, Mike Tindall, married to?
- In netball, the position ‘WA’, stands for what?
- Which hardwood trees, endemic to Australia, are traditional Aboriginal didgeridoos usually made from?
- The 1984 hit song, ‘Together in Electric Dreams’, was recorded and released by British synthpop band, Human League. True or false?
- In which year was the Battle of Hastings?
- Name the main female character in ‘The Phantom of the Opera’.
- In football, who is England’s record goal scorer?
- Who wrote the fantasy novels, ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘Lord of the Rings’?
- Why are flamingos pink?
- Which children’s author wrote the line, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”?
- The Wars of the Roses were fought between which two houses?
- In which country is the region Transylvania?
- How old is Dustin Hoffman?
- In which year was the Coca-Cola Company founded?
- The month of January is named after which Roman god?
- How old was King Tutankhamun when he became pharaoh?
Ready to check against the answers? Click here: ANSWERS