Answers for Weekly Quiz – 10th June
Now for the answers to the quiz…
- The United Arab Emirates is a federation of how many emirates?
- Where is the largest collection of Victoria Crosses held?
Imperial War Museum, London
- What is the term for a baby koala?
- The Dodo which became extinct in the 17th century was native to which island?
- John Travolta dominated the UK music charts in 1978. As well as Grease, another Travolta film soundtrack sold huge numbers. Which film was it?
Saturday Night Fever
- In cookery, what is the process called when fruit is soaked in a flavoured liquid?
- Welsh and Tamworth are breeds of which animal?
- In 2009, which Manchester band held three consecutive sold-out homecoming gigs at the city’s Heaton Park?
- What would you be drinking if you were having a Black and Tan?
A beer cocktail of a light beer (pale ale) and a dark beer (stout)
- Solve this anagram: drab glacier – you may be familiar with this if you’ve seen Peter Kay’s stand-up
- The 2014 Commonwealth Games were held in which British city?
- Wales has three national parks. One is Snowdonia, one is the Brecon Beacons. What is the third called?
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Which is the highest ranking order of chivalry in the British Empire? OBE or CBE?
- Which actor played Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter film series?
- By which nickname was Queen Mary I of England better known?
- UB40 released a cover of which Elvis Presley track in May 1993?
I Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Which English author is best known for the fantasy trilogy His Dark Materials?
- The ‘House of Bourbon’ is a royal dynasty in which European country?
- Which is the largest planet in the solar system?
- Which number follows ‘P’ on the form given to you by your employer when you leave a job?