Answers for Weekly Quiz – 14th May
Now for the answers to the quiz…
- In which year were TV licences introduced in the UK?
- Arctic King, Saladin and Tom Thumb are which types of vegetable?
- What is the largest flatfish species?
- Who became Germany’s first female chancellor?
- St Mawes and Pendennis Castles in Cornwall were built by which English monarch to defend the coast against a French invasion?
- What word is a kind of rope, a message, and a type of knitting stitch?
- Gymnophobia is the irrational fear of which natural state in humans?
- Who is the author of the Da Vinci Code?
- What song are these lyrics from? ‘You’ve been running all over town, ooh, I guess you gotta put your flat feet on the ground’
- If a creature is ‘opodous’, what has it not got?
- How many players are there in a netball team?
- Which retail chain does Truman Capote’s cult classic novella suggest you can breakfast at?
- In which cop series did Phil Collins appear as Phil the Shill?
- How many carats is pure gold?
- What is an equilibrist?
- Eugene the Jeep featured in which comic strip?
- Who sang the theme tune to the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies?
- In which country would you find the Southern Alps?
- What is the first sign of the Zodiac?
- What is the capital of Finland?