Answers for Weekly Quiz – 21st May
Now for the answers to the quiz…
- In which city is the price of gold “fixed” daily?
- Where did the Vikings first attack England?
- How did Marie Antoinette die?
- What is created at sea level at 700 miles per hour and at a temperature of 32 degrees Fahrenheit?
A sonic boom
- Who was the last tsar of Russia?
- Which red wine varietal is nicknamed the “King of Grapes”?
- What colour of disco suit did John Travolta originally want for “Saturday Night Fever”?
- On which continent are the Atlas Mountains?
- Which river flows by Windsor Castle?
- The beaver is the national emblem of which country?
- According to legend, what was the name of King Arthur’s magician advisor?
- What is the first name of Pinocchio’s cricket friend in the Disney cartoon movie?
- In Greek mythology, how many graces are there?
- What is the world’s largest inland lake?
- How many track events are there in a decathlon?
- What is the square root of 256?
- Which is the most populous U.S. state?
- Who was the first woman in space?
- India’s national bird is what colourfully plumed creature?
- What is a five-letter word meaning “the superior of a community of monks”?