Answers for Weekly Quiz – 7th May
Now for the answers to the quiz…
- How many holes are there on a typical golf course?
- The Reichstag building is in which European city?
- Which dance originated in the 1880s in the Argentina and Uruguay border region?
- Which glove puppet would you associate with Mr. Derek?
- Who was the leader of the Soviet Union from the 1920s until his death in 1953?
- Which French phrase is used in English to mean a mistake or false step?
- On a Monopoly board, what colour is Trafalgar Square?
- Marion Crane is the tragic figure in which cult horror film?
- Sicily is the largest island in which sea?
- Where In Britain Is Ronaldsway Airport?
The Isle Of Man
- There are four main blood groups, can you name them?
A, B, AB and O
- Which Apollo mission was the last to take a man to the moon?
- The Parthenon, in Greece, is dedicated to which goddess?
- Mount Everest is in which mountain chain?
- Which silent movie star was played by Robert Downey Jr in 1992?
- In darts, what is the lowest score not possible to score with one dart?
- In Cockney rhyming slang terms, how much money is a ‘pony’?
£25 (Twenty five pounds)
- Whose autobiography is entitled Long Walk to Freedom?
- In which English seaside town was ‘Fawlty Towers’ set?
- Literally meaning “angry” in Italian, which spicy sauce for pasta is made from garlic, tomatoes, and dried red chili peppers cooked in olive oil?